Monday, April 18, 2011

Reader Response #4

I have now read up to the page #182 of my biography.

Retell

Britney's tour ...Baby One More Time was announced on March 9, 1999. Because of her sexual style, she made a lot of people concerned about her. She had a bit of trouble to keep her reputation of a virgin young lady. This situation made one of her sponsor for her tour drop out.

The ...Baby One More Time started off at Pompano Beach, Florida on June 28, 1999. Between then and September 15, she performed56 shows in the U.S and Canada, to finish with a show in Hong Kong on October 23.

In November, she returned in Sweden to start recording the major part of her Oops!...I Did It Again album.The album was completed in January.

On December 17, 1999, she announced her next tour, the Crazy 2K tour in March 2000, which is a continuation of the ...Baby One More Time tour. She also announced the world-wide tour based on her new album Oops!...I Did It Again.

In February 2000, Britney was nominated for the Grammy Awards in the categories of best female pop vocal performance and best new artist. Sadly, she didn't win any award, the best female pop vocal performance award went to Christina Aguilera.

Later on, the 24 year marriage of Jamie and Lynn Spears came to an end. Apparently, Lynn couldn't stand Jamie's behavior anymore, even if Jamie thinks that Lynn wanted to attach herself to Britney's fame. Some people even think it was Britney's fault, that she asked her mother, in the early 2000, how much longer could she live that way.

The Crazy 2K tour started on March 8, but Britney took a break after seven performances to shoot her video for her song "Oops!...I Did It Again". Even if Jive and Niguel Dick didn't agree with her, Britney wanted to develop a sexier image of herself fast.

On April 20, Britney's Crazy 2K tour continued. The tour was harsh, virtually every night, she would perform in a different city. That tour was the first one where Britney was reported to lip-sync, even if she says that she sings every single song full out.

Britney's Oops!...I Did It Again tour started 2 months later, and it was her first official European tour. This tour was even more exhausting than the previous 2. She did 90 shows in 6 months on 3 continents.

At this point, Britney got even closer with Justin Timberlake as they officially started to go out. Her and Justin were almost a perfect couple, but it suddenly ended when Justin thought that Britney was cheating on him. After they broke up, it didn't really show in the young stars behavior, but it showed in Justin's song and video "Cry Me A River", which was very angry.

After all these events, Britney is getting the sexy image of herself she wanted, but it was worse than expected.It was so bad that there was all sorts of rumors of her sleeping with multiple known  handsome male celebrities. All the gossip even made the wife of one of Britney friend dancer divorce with him.

Relate

Now, Britney is pretty much the complete opposite of me. I don't really care if I have a sexy image of myself, and I don't run around from guy to guy like Britney does. The further I go in the book, the less I have in common with Britney.

Reflect

At this point of the book, Britney is now an adult. She is now more capable of enduring all the pressure and the stress of celebrities. But being capable of performing after breaking up with your boyfriend seems really hard to do.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting insight into a famous icon's life. Amazing how someone is so different from the image that is presented in the media.

    ReplyDelete