This week, I read 40 pages out of 312 pages of the biography Britney Spears: Little Girl Lost by Christopher Heard. Christopher Heard has written five books about well-known personalities, like Kiefer Sutherland: Living Dangerously and Mickey Rourke: High and Low.
This book is pretty interesting and suprising, even though I thought that biographies were boring and not interesting. The book talksabout Britney Spears's life, and about how her familly supported her throughout the difficult moments of her life. The main setting is in the U.S.A, more precisely in the state of Mississippi, where Britney was born.
Retell
Up to now, here is what I learned about Britney Spears. Britney was born in the town of McComb in the Mississippi, U.S.A, on December 2nd 1981. When she was a little girl, she sang in front of audiences of dolls and stuffed animals, while pretending to be her idol Madonna. Britney took dance lessons at the age of 3 or 4, and she was already very talented. At the age of 4, she was a member of Kentwood's First Baptist Church junior choir and samg very well. At the age of 5, she started to take gymnastic lessons, and won a couple competitions. At the age of 8, she went to a gymnastic camp run by the Olympic gymnastic coach Bela Karolyi, but she left it because she was very young and not prepared to be trained by an Olympic coach, even though she was "one of the little girls who really exelled", according to Karolyi. Britney also took singing lessons. At the age of 6, her mother put her in a talent contest at the Kentwood Dairy Festival, where she won. That is when her mother began to put her in multiple singing contests all over the States. She even went to auditions for the The All New Mickey Mouse Club, for Disney. She did very well and was one of the 6 callbacks from the hundreds who performed. She amazed a lot of people who watched her, but she wasn't accepted because of her young age. One of the judges, having big hopes in Britney, asked Nancy Carson, an agent of Broadway who developed young talent, to help little Britney. She accepted and asked the Spears familly to come see her in New York.
Relate
When I was younger, my parent always told me about what a great voice I had, and how I should share it with the world. At that age, I was very shy, so I didn't waht to show my talents. When I did start singing in front of audiences other than my familly, I lost control of my voice and started to sound like I didn't know the songs I sang! Now, I have more confidence in myself, and I sound more professional when I sing, even when I sing under the shower. This relates me a bit to Britney Spears because we both had beautifull voices when we were childrens, but I didn't have the same confidence as Britney, and my talent stayed hidden. I also took dancing lessons at the age of 3, but I wasn't the greatest dancer around or a perfectionist, unlike Britney. Another thing from me that is opposite to Britney, my mother would never let me skip any school for singing contests, even if I had a bright future in the singing career.
Reflect
I was surprised to learn about Britney Spears's achievements as a kid, she was capable of singing in the right beat and in the right pitch while dancing and doing some gymnastic moves on stage! I could never do that. Even now, I have trouble to sing certain songs that aren't that hard to sing. It is hard to believe that such a young girl could be so good and energetic in her shows! It was interesting to learn that she took gymnastic lessons, I would never guessed that such talent could come out so early in life.
Awh Chloe, I really loved your RELATE paragraph. It's always lovely to hear when people come out of their shells and have a confidence boost. I have heard you sing, and you do have a talent.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up!
-CassKisoro
Excellent analysis of what you've read so far! I'm really impressed! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteGreat job chloe keep it up. When I was younger i was a very exreme fan of Brit so im very anxious on knowing about her
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAwesome work Chloe!!! I used to listening to Britney too. It's pretty cool tha she could sing dance and do gymnastics to. Im not a flexable person...But like Cass, I've heard you sing to and your really good!!! Keep up the good work!!!
ReplyDeleteWoow. I actually learned a lot about Britney
ReplyDeleteI was also a fan when I was younger! She has amazing talent!
- Abby